Good working conditions & Great colleagues!
Are you a highly motivated individual? Do you have an easy going friendly attitude? Do you want to progress your career with a growing company?
To further enhance our team, we have an exciting vacancy to broaden your mind, skills and experience.
Electrical Controls Engineer x 1 (re-posted 11th April 2018)
We are looking for a full time Electrical Controls Engineer. We offer an excellent package, Salary (Circa £36-50K) + Company car & phone, Flexible Hours, Flexible Holidays.
To install, commission, disseminate and rebuild electrical and building control systems for our clients.
QUALIFICATIONS, TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Full driving licence
- 17th Edition Wiring Certification
- Experience in BMS / HVAC / Lighting controls
- Excellent working knowledge of the electrical industry
- Basic understanding of IT networks
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams
- Ability to drive long distances
- Flexibility to work shifts including night shifts
- Proactive, helpful, can-do attitude
- Neat, well presented and organised
- Good telephone manner & communication skills
- Good working knowledge of spread sheets, word processing, e-mail and web.
- Resident and qualified to work in the UK
- Work closely with colleagues to deliver high quality control systems to the customer.
- Diagnose and rectify faults with established controls systems.
- Control Integration - where applicable ensure all systems are integrated and work simultaneously without conflict.
- Commissioning - carry out the set up of control systems.
- Carry out the second fix installation of electrical control systems.
- Install and connect all controls monitoring equipment to IT systems and ensure items are registered and operating correctly.
- Carry out site surveys and site visits as requested by Line Manager.
- Work in line with all health and safety policies, procedures, risk assessments, toolbox talks etc.
- Anticipate, plan for and deal with problems affecting area of responsibility.
- Ensure management/colleagues/main contractor/subcontractors are kept fully informed to work position and potential problems.
- Ensure resources such as parts and equipment are sufficient, secure, used correctly and returned.
- Ensure all requested documentation/ information is completed (e.g. job sheets, site diaries, timesheets, accident report forms, sickness forms) and submitted in line with company guidelines.
- Work flexibly and supportively with colleagues so that the overall priorities and objectives of the Company are met.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of policies and procedures within the Company.
- Regularly review own competence in relation to the role and seek support from colleagues and management to contribute to your own professional development.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV with a list of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org